Markham, Ontario (December 23, 2013) – Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. today announced that its rear-wheel drive Genesis Coupe sports car will receive a series of performance and feature enhancements for 2014.
The enthusiast-focused 2.0T R-Spec model gains new high-performance bucket seats with larger side bolsters designed to hold occupants firmly in place against high lateral cornering forces. All models equipped with the six-speed manual gearbox now include a convenient hill-start assist feature as well as new carbon synchronizer rings for a more positive shift action. Meanwhile, the available 8-speed automatic transmission can now perform rev-matched downshifts when called upon by the steering wheel-mounted shift paddles which feature an improved design.
Drivers seeking upscale features and technologies will appreciate the additions to 2.0T Premium models including LED daytime running lights, proximity keyless entry with push-button ignition, rear parking assistance sensors, a rear view camera, and a third-generation 7-inch touch-screen navigation system. The Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium is now priced from $31,099 for a six-speed manual model with an eight-speed automatic available for $1,800. Pricing for all other trim levels remains unchanged for 2014.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2014 GENESIS COUPE
Hyundai’s high-performance rear-wheel drive sports car
- 2.0-litre twin-scroll turbocharged inline 4-cylinder engine
- 274 horsepower, 275 lb-ft torque (premium fuel)
- 3.8-litre V6 engine with Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI)
- 348 horsepower, 295 lb-ft torque (premium fuel)
- 6-speed manual gearbox or 8-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual mode and steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- 6MT adds hill-start assist, new carbon synchronizer rings
- 8AT now features rev-matched downshifts, improved shift paddle design
- 3-stage Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system
- A long list of available premium features:
- 7-inch touch-screen navigation system with rear-view camera
- 360-watt Infinity® premium audio system with 10 speakers and external amplifier
- Proximity keyless entry with push-button ignition
- LED daytime running lights
- HID headlights
Optional performance equipment:
- Brembo® brakes with fixed 4-piston calipers
- Torsen® Limited Slip Differential
- Staggered 19-inch alloy wheels with high-performance summer tires
- High-performance bucket seats with larger side bolsters
- Sport-tuned suspension with firmer spring and damping rates
- · Thicker front and rear stabilizer bars, added front strut tower brace
HYUNDAI AUTO CANADA CORP
Hyundai Auto Canada, established in 1983 and headquartered in Markham, Ontario, is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout Canada by Hyundai Auto Canada and are sold and serviced through 210 dealerships nationwide. Learn more at www.HyundaiCanada.com.
If you need to rent a car for business or please, or both, please contact Car Rental Toronto 4U! If you mind your budget, it is the cheapest car rental in Toronto.
Car Rental Toronto 4U provides clean, reliable, late model used cars, pickup trucks, vans, minivans, and sport utility vehicle or SUV for short or long term vehicle rental and lease. Always check with www.CarRentalToronto4U.ca for moving, business needs, vacation car and pickup truck rentals, college and university special student rates for Toronto car rental.
We have a number of Car Rental Delivery locations in North York, Richmond Hill and at Toronto Pearson Airport and Toronto Island Airport
Toll Free: 1-877-859-8663