McGuinty Government Creating Jobs, Building a Stronger Economy: Ontario is continuing to move forward with plans to build a new Highway 7 between Kitchener-Waterloo and Guelph that will improve traffic flow, create jobs and support local economic growth.
Progress to date includes:
- Protecting the 18-kilometre route to ensure it can only be used to build the new highway
- Investing up to $50 million to acquire properties for the new corridor
- Working to ensure local businesses and property owners will have access to the new highway
- Acquiring land on Shirley Avenue in Kitchener to support construction activities.
Highway 7 is a good candidate for procurement using Infrastructure Ontario’s Alternative Financing and Procurement model, which would help ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget. Ontario continues to press the federal government for a contribution to this important regional transportation corridor and has applied to the P3 Canada Fund.
Improving Ontario’s transportation network is part of the McGuinty government’s plan to strengthen the economy. A strong economy protects the services that mean the most to Ontario families – health care and education.
- Since 2003, the McGuinty government has committed $1.27 billion for transit, highway Infrastructure, municipal roads and bridges and other municipal capital projects in Waterloo Region.
- Ontario is investing $2.4 billion in road and bridge construction projects this year, creating more than 24,000 jobs.
- Highway 7 carries over 26,000 vehicles per day, making it one of the busiest two-lane provincial highways in the province.
If you need to rent a car for business or please, or both, please contact Car Rental Toronto 4U!
Car Rental Toronto 4U provides clean, reliable, late model used cars, pickup trucks, vans, minivans, and sport utility vehicle or SUV for short or long term vehicle rental and lease. Always check with www.CarRentalToronto4U.ca for moving, business needs, vacation car and pickup truck rentals, college and university special student rates for Toronto car rental.
We are conveniently located in Toronto (North York) at Bathurst Street – Wilson Avenue intersection:365A Wilson Avenue, Unit 216 Toronto, ON, M3H 1T3 Tel: 647-723-9000 Toll Free: 1-877-859-8663 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are always welcome!